Team Melo Earns Spot On Nike EYBL Circuit
Team Melo who has been grinding over the years has earned an official deal to be apart of the Nike EYBL circuit. This shows the kids and program have stability. With the contract being earned, the goals still remain the same for Dwyane Wise who is the GM/Recruiting Coordinator. The program has a lot of nationally ranked buzzers, will be sending buzzers off to college, and will continue to compete.
As the GM and Recruiting Coordinator, Wise wants to ensure each kid gets a free education. The goal for their profess is to win and hopefully 15-17u make Nike Peach Jam.
Some of the Nationally ranked buzzers who are already commited to play with Team Melo are :
- Noah Locke class 2018 rivals #82 overall
- Demetrius Mims 2018 Top 150
- Class 2019 6’8 Jason Murphy, Jalen Willis, Will Thomas, Rajeir Jones and Jalen Rucker.
- Class 2020’s Che Evans Jr and Justin Lewis both Top 25 and Montez McNeil.
- Class 2021 highly regarded 6’9 Adam Walden
- Class 2022 Kwame Evans.
A few buzzers from the Team Melo 2017 recruiting class consists of:
- DeVondre Perry (Temple)
- Darryl Morsell (Maryland)
- Chris Orlina (Hampton)
- 6’9 Andre Rafus Jr. will be commiting very soon
With the area being such a small region Wise says it’s It’s very competitive recruiting kids. With Under Armour as well as Adidas programs it gives kids more options. Although, other shoe brand teams are near by, he feel they have an advantage, with Super Star in Carmelo Anthony behind them. Also with Nike we have top Camps and events such as Nike Global Challenge.